Annual Festival of Performing Arts TSS 2017 was held on 20th and 21st May, 2017 at the Glenforest Secondary School, 3575 Fieldgate Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, hosted by Toronto Sanskriti Sangstha(TSS). Famous artists from India and North America will be performing at the festival like every year.
The genre will be
- Rabindra Sangeet
- Nazrul Geeti
- Bangla Adhunik Gaan and Bollywood
- Dance Drama
- Bengali Play
Programs of TSS 2017
- Children’s Choral Group - This year's event will commorate Canada's 150th Birthday with a children's choral group singing songs by legendary Canadian vocalists.
- Opening Ceremony Banga Basundhara - The tradition continues with dances and music in another enthralling opening ceremony in TSS 2017. A dance ensemble depicting Banglar Oitijhya from different parts of Bengal with songs and music as the cultural backdrop. The concept and choreography has been composed by Enakshi Das and background scores by Srijan and other musicians of Kolkata.
- A Dance Drama Charaiveti - An eternal journey of man in search of the unknown Choreographed by Jayeeta Chakraborty, Ex Kalamandalam, Kolkata. The presentation is a classic by itself. And it is a collaboration of professionals from Kolkata and our talented dancers.
- Chatrer Parikha - Baccahader Bangla Play - Rabindranath Tagore, one of the greatest educationist and philosopher of all ages strongly envisioned an education that was deeply rooted in one's immediate surroundings, pleasurable learning and individualized to the personality of the child. In many of his writings he has disagreed and criticized the existing system where a child's instincts are conditioned by the confined social limitations and knowledge is imparted in such a manner that our life is weaned away from nature.
'Chatrer Porikha' is one of Tagore's satirical play which revolves around an ordinary student named 'Madhusudan' who is annoyed and irked with his teacher 'Kalachand Babu' because of his ill-temperament. So, it was someday that Madhusudan decides to take revenge over his teacher 'Kalachand Babu' in an extremely wittyful manner.
- Pancham - An ensemble of Bengali & Hindi songs which have mesmerized the audience for generations. All songs are a tribute to the legendary R.D. Burman a.k.a Pancham. "MELODY MAKERS" group have left no stone unturned to enchant the audience with super-hit songs of R.D.Bruman. The troika of Debjani Ghosh, Krish Kumaar & Deep Majumder are here to croon and entertain the audience of TSS wrapped with the golden compositions of the legend Rahul Dev Burman.
- A play by Sohini Sengupta and group from Nandikar.
- Baul to Bollywood by Kartick Das Baul and Aritra Dasgupta.
- Ujjaini will be singing Bengali and Hindi songs with her group.
- Aritra will be singing Bengali and Hindi songs and perform duet songs with other singers.